April 3, 2011

Either life is going too fast or I'm just too slow to keep up.

I can't believe how many things go through my mind on any given day. Too many things to count that's for sure. The human mind as I envision it, must be like a small but powerful computer with some sort of filtering system that just "knows" to automatically dismiss or add information to different shelves neatly lined up inside our head as we go through our day.  We zip and zap this way or that and as we do, we take note of our surroundings even as we keep going:  "Oh, there's a sale at this store: Click:"  It's added, stored. A little further away,  fares and wares are waved in our direction. Without even missing a beat, we are quick to assess and to decide: "What? No, no thank You. I don't need it".  Discard. And then there's the news. So much going on in the world, especially these days! It's just frightening in an almost fascinating kind of way... How can we keep up? Every day something else is going on somewhere in the world. I feel like I have just run a marathon after I've watched the news. But still, I want to know.
And of course, there is life at home. That never stops! I'm not sure it's supposed to but sometimes I wish I could freeze it for just a few minutes, for an hour, for a day... How about a couple of months or an entire year? I know many people who've said the same to me so there at least, I know I'm not alone. It's hard not to look for an easy way out when there's so much going on. I can thank God and my guardian angel(do we have more than one? I often wonder about that) for keeping me grounded cause things sure have not been  'hmm' shall we say quiet on my side of the road... Bumps on a camel's back... One minute I'm sitting flat in the middle, and the next, I find myself on top of a bump, jolted there by one of life's powerful thrusts. That's pretty much how it's been so far.  Well, at least I can't say that life is boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment