March 29, 2017

We Are All Called To Walk Our Own Path

I haven't blogged in awhile because life has been crazy busy. I miss writing, miss this space where I come to write and reflect. Tonight, I felt compelled to write about life, choosing our path and confronting life. 
We are all called to walk our own path, to grow in strength in our own way. Each journey is unique, as unique as we are, as unique as our experiences are. Regardless of similarities,we confront our particular circumstances in a way that is very much our own. That is why I'm not surprised when even those closest to me, those who've known me my entire life even, may not completely relate to my reality, my way of handling that reality and the path I choose to take to confront that reality. Sometimes, if I'm being completely honest, sometimes my feelings get hurt but I know they all mean well, those who have been a part of my life since forever. So I've learned to accept without correcting or explaining. Sometimes it's better to just let things be... 
There is no one way, no one philosophy to adopt in order to grow, to learn, to find ourselves. It's an endeavor that may very well take a lifetime, right? And, maybe, if we're lucky we do get to learn, to grow and, to find those things that ground us, those things that allow us to defy the odds, to keep moving and living in the face of great adversity. I believe in being authentic, in acknowledging my feelings, the good, the bad and the ugly. And who knows? Maybe that's why I'm able to always go back to joy, to finding it, to living with it even as I struggle to balance the many challenges in my life. That's me. That's my way. For others, growth may come from a special encounter, a guru, a newfound passion, an adopted philosophy. I don't believe that one way, one philosophy is necessarily better than another. For some people, a mix of many different philosophies might actually be what works. I mean, why deny the benefits of a particular lifestyle, approach, strategy or philosophy? The important thing is to keep growing, to keep moving forward, to keep learning. I'm for anything that does not consume the self, anything that leads to a healthier, better, self. And there are many ways to get there. As far as I'm concerned, there's no need to proclaim one way as "THE" way because it's not. We know that. We know that what works so well for one may completely bomb for another. Instead of competing or judging or, doing whatever it is that we do once we feel we have it figured out, let's just put it out there. Share it. Share what it is we are doing that is helping us feel grounded, share what we do to find our "center". Because we all do it our way. All of us growing and learning, maturing... We are doing it our way. As long as our way makes us better, stronger, healthier individuals, our way I think, may just be the best way for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment