March 22, 2016

Miami Book Fair The Big Read Miami 2016 @Big Night in Little Haiti March...





Friday Evening, March 18th of 2016 was really special.  I was in great
company as part of a panel of Haitian-American authors invited to share
their stories under the sponsorship of The Miami Book Fair Big Read
initiative. The theme was immigration, immigrant experience and, so all
of us authors, shared pieces that reflected our immigrant experiences. 
It truly was a most delightful evening.  The star author, whose book,
Brother I'm Dying, is being featured during The Big Read campaign,
Edwidge Danticat, was also in attendance.  I was able to meet her and we
even exchanged a few words.  She was warm, welcoming, encouraging words
and even offered some words of advice to help me get over my fear of
emotional breakdown as I try to write my son's story.  This truly was a
very special evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment